Friday 3 June 2011

How did it all begin?

I 'spose it all began last year when my friend Victoria suggested that we take a screen-printing course at CPIT the local polytechnic. I was really keen as I had finally realised that it was okay to be addicted to fabric and that I really wanted to explore a more creative life.
The course was fanatastic and I learnt heaps from my tutor Carla Watson of Imprint-Textiles and Designs which then prompted me to enrol in her advanced weekend course. From there, I took some of my designs into work where they were scooped up and bought by my colleagues giving me a lovely Christmas bonus.
Then, nothing... caught up with family life and working full-time screen-printing fell behind renovating, curtain making...it just wasn't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment